Reduce odours that attract bears
1. Store ALL food and wildlife attractants in the animal-proof facilities provided or, as a last resort, in a hard-sided vehicle/RV (not in a tent). If no facilities exist, hang your food and garbage out of bear reach. Use 100-feet of rope to hang your food between two trees well away from your tent/cooking area.
2. NEVER take food into your tent, not even a snack.
3. Use the designated grey water disposal grates; do not dispose of grey water near a human-use area.
4. Keep your fire pit clean and free of food residue.
“Bare Campsite” Rules
Follow these rules whenever your campsite is unattended for any length of time i.e. at night or when going for a hike, swim or to the washroom.
What Attracts Bears?
Anything that has an odour or could be considered food may attract wildlife to your site.
- Coolers – full/empty
- Food and Condiments
- Garbage/Wrappings/Plastic Bags
- Pet Food/Bowls
- Bottles/Cans: full/empty
- Toiletries/Suntan Lotion/Insect Spray
- Camp Stoves & Barbecues
- Containers of Gasoline/Oil
- ANY items associated with food preparation or clean up (soap, dish clothes, towels, & clothing worn while cooking.
- Grey Water Pails