Whistler Bear Working Group
The Whistler Bear Working Group (WBWG) is a collaborative effort to minimize human-bear conflicts in the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
Representatives from a variety of community stakeholders work together to:
- Develop and help implement creative community-based solutions for minimizing human-bear conflicts;
- Provide a forum for sharing information and resolving divergent views, and enabling coordinated responses to requests for information;
- Participate in the evaluation of non-lethal bear management techniques and provide feedback to the partners; and
- Provide a coordinated approach to community outreach and communications regarding the activities of the Working Group.
The Whistler Bear Working Group is comprised of representatives from:
- Get Bear Smart Society (GBS)
- Ministry of Environment - Conservation Officer Service, Environmental Stewardship
- Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) - Environmental Services, Bylaw Services
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Carney's Waste Systems